Welcome, dear friends!
I’m back with my completion of Phase Two of The Maker’s Diet. For any newcomers to my blog, I’ve been on The Maker’s Diet, based on the book by Jordan Rubin. To see my last post about Phase One, you can click here.
Today ends Phase Two, and it has gone very well. I will admit, however, that there were a few times I ate something that was NOT on the Phase Two list of foods to enjoy…so basically I’m saying I went off the diet for those few moments in time. But I did have good reasons for it, and I kept the quantity low. I think the big turning point in that was in not condemning myself and moving on. Things like that may happen on occasion, and the worst thing one can do is come from a place of guilt and condemnation. It’s best to let it go and continue with your focus. That’s what I did, and that in itself was extremely healing.
In this phase I was able to re-introduce some foods that were restricted on Phase One; for example, raw, unfiltered honey; cow’s milk yogurt; some cow’s milk cheese, sweet potatoes, certain fruits, and other foods. Again, if you would like to know more about this diet, I suggest that you research it, as I am giving very brief descriptions of it here.
The following are my results of Phase Two:
* I continue to have more energy for longer periods of time during the day.
* My glucose levels remain stabilized.
* My intestines feel much better. Most of the pain I was experiencing before the diet has gone, and they’re continuing to heal.
* I’m forming better eating habits, and I’m able to have more self control around unhealthy foods.
* Both spiritual and mental self-discipline and sensitivity has increased immensely. During Phase One, while in prayer, God led me to a scripture which talks about rebuilding the Temple in Zechariah…”Get on with rebuilding the Temple. If you do I will bless you”. I immediately realized that I was getting about the business of rebuilding my Temple, the temple of the Holy Spirit. This was very exciting for me to think about. He also re-introduced me to other scripture verses that I saw with new eyes. Knowledge being revisited and expounded on as I consciously and purposely make them practical aspects of my Life. I am beginning to see abundance in many things – simple things. I realized that after all these years of seeking I am filled with an amazing abundance of knowledge, and that just placed me steps ahead in my journey.
There are still some items Jordan Rubin suggests that were either not in my budget range at this time, or unavailable, such as raw, unpasteurized items (unpasteurized is also not something I think I would be into at this time, as there are not any reliable places in the area where I purchase these products/or would trust to consume these products right now). But I am doing the best I can with what I can purchase, and that seems to be doing alright for me.
So I’m excited to congratulate myself…it’s part of loving myself and recognizing that I’m doing great following the Lord as He guides me along the way that I should go – to live fully, purposely, happily, and abundantly.
Now it’s on to Phase Three. In this phase I’ll be adding more foods into my diet, such as grains (used sparingly), maple syrup, some other fruits, etc. This phase is set up to help one to continue a lifetime of healthy choices for holistic well-being.
I hope this inspires you in your journey of practical love, ascension, and blossoming. May you be blessed without measure as you venture into every new and beautiful phase of your life.
Until next time, may happy days abound!
Note: The above altered image is from an original watercolor by Marianne Coyne. All rights reserved.